FDC™ Pure Potassium Hydroxide Flakes | Caustic Potash KOH Dry
Potassium hydroxide (KOH), also known as caustic potash or potash lye, is a powerful, odorless, colorless base chemical. Sold in flake form for easy application, potassium hydroxide is produced by evaporating the water from liquid potassium hydroxide (LKOH). It also produces a significant amount of heat when dissolved in water.
It is useful for literally hundreds of applications, including the manufacture of soaps, biodiesel, batteries, fuel cells, beauty supplies, cleaners, and fertilizers. This product needs to be mixed carefully with the proper ingredients by a professional who understands how serious the effects of this chemical can be.
Factory Direct Chemicals' Pure Potassium Hydroxide Flakes are sold in a simple, convenient bottle with a child-proof cap.
- Potassium Hydroxide is water soluble, making it preferable for the environment
- An important chemical compound for the agricultural industry, potassium hydroxide is often used to regulate pH in acidic soil
- The reaction of potassium hydroxide with oils and fats in heat is called saponification, making it useful for creating soft soaps.
- Can help improve drilling and well efficiency, as well as the refining process.
- Extremely versatile cleaning agent found in denture cleaners, oven cleaners, driveway and concrete cleaners, oven cleaners and more.
Create liquid soap
Liquid soaps tend to be potassium soaps and also referred to as “soft soaps”, while solid soaps tend to be sodium soaps. You can also use it in conjunction with sodium hydroxide to create shaving products.
Oil and Gas Industry
Potassium Hydroxide can help improve drilling and well efficiency as well as the refining process.
In the agricultural industry, potassium hydroxide is used to regulate the pH of acidic soils.
Potassium Hydroxide is employed as the electrolyte in alkaline batteries.
Potassium Hydroxide is an extremely versatile cleaning agent.
Pure Potassium Hydroxide Flakes are used in many industrial, manufacturing, and chemical processes, including:
- Industrial soap and hairspray applications
- Glass production
- Cosmetic Industry
- Deicer for airports
At Factory Direct Chemicals, our dedication to our customers helps us stand out—and above—the competition. Enjoy:
Unsatisfied with your purchase? Return the product, no questions asked!
Eager assistance from our service reps:
Do you have a question about any of our products? Want to make a bulk purchase? We’re here to answer any questions or concerns.
Fast and easy shipping:
We do our best to ship our products within 24 hours of receiving an order, making it easy to get exactly what you need.