Potassium hydroxide (KOH), also known as caustic potash, is a powerful, colorless base chemical. Sold in flake form for easy application, potassium hydroxide is produced by evaporating the water from liquid potassium hydroxide (LKOH).
Potassium flakes are mainly used in the natural gas industry. This product needs to be mixed carefully with the proper ingredients by a professional who understands how serious the effects of this chemical can be.
Factory Direct Chemicals' Pure Potassium Hydroxide Flakes are sold in a simple, convenient bottle with a child-proof cap.
Pure Potassium Hydroxide Flakes are used in many industrial, manufacturing, and chemical processes, including:
- Gas purification
- Potassium-containing chemical creation
- Industrial soap and hairspray creation
- Glass production
- Petroleum industries
- Drugs and pharmaceuticals
- Flavors and fragrances
- Alkaline batteries
- Organic chemicals
3 facts about potassium hydroxide:
- Potassium hydroxide is water soluble, making it preferable for the environment.
- An important chemical compound for the agricultural industry, potassium chloride is often used to regulate pH in acidic soil.
- Potassium chloride is used in the food industry to prolong the shelf-life of certain foods. It is also used as a food thickener.
Caution: Potassium hydroxide is a highly corrosive chemical. Contact can lead to severe eye and skin irritation. Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to prevent skin and eye contact. For further warnings and health hazard information, refer to product label.